What Is Child Care Scholarship?

The NH Child Care Scholarship Program helps eligible New Hampshire families pay for child care by providing direct payments to qualified early childhood and out-of-school time providers for children under the age of 13 years old (or under 18 years old if they have a disability). 

Is My Family Eligible?

In order to be eligible, children may be under 13 years old (or under 18 years old if they have a disability). 

Parents must be working, looking for work, or in a training program, and the family’s household income must meet current requirements.

Eligibility is redetermined every 12 months and families must reapply annually. 

For more information, click the “Understanding Eligibility” button below. 

How Do I Apply?

There are many ways you can apply for the NH Child Care Scholarship Program: online, mail submission, in-person, or over-the-phone to schedule a follow up appointment. Whatever you choose, trained staff are available for you and your family. 

To apply online, visit nheasy.nh.gov and begin your application today. NH EASY is the one-stop-shop for all DHHS services, including but not limited to SNAP, medical assistance, child care and more.

To schedule a follow up appointment, call 1-844-ASK-DHHS (1-844-275-3447)

You can also apply in-person or via mail with a paper application at DHHS District Offices. For a list of District Office locations, click HERE.

Are There Other Forms of Child Care Assistance?

Child Tax Credit (CTC)

Families with earned income who claim dependent children under age 17 on their federal tax return may qualify for a refund or credit. Most families eligible for CTC can also file for the Earned Income Tax Credit. If you cannot take the full CTC, you may be eligible for the additional child tax credit if your earned income is more than $3,000. Taxpayers with three or more children may also be eligible for additional child tax credit regardless of their income.

Military Assistance

Families with a family member serving in the military, may be eligible for financial assistance with child care.