Apply for this position through the Dartmouth College Employment site at https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/56572
As a member of a teaching team, the Associate Teacher II works under the direction of the Lead Teacher in meeting the care, developmental and educational needs for a group of children. Works with all staff to create a warm, caring, and safe environment for the care of young children. Participates in planning and implementing the curriculum, guiding children’s behavior, communicating with parents, recording children’s developmental progress, and supervising part-time staff. Assumes the role of Lead teacher in his/her absence.
· interpersonal skills, particularly in relation to pre-school children and their parents.
· Understanding of child development needs and how they may be appropriately met.
· Warm, friendly demeanor.
· Ability and willingness to work a flexible work Schedule.
· Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
· Two plus years of experience in early childhood settings.
· Completion of required training including training in universal precautions, water safety training, and fire safety.
· Maintains pediatric First Aid/CPR training certification.
Must be in good physical and mental health and must have the physical capability to move quickly to supervise children, lift, carry and physically assist children, sit on the floor and on child-sized furniture, see and hear at a distance and close range.
All employees are employees of Dartmouth College.