Website First Start Children's Center A Program of Second Start
- Plan and implement a program that meets the emotional, physical, intellectual and social needs of both the individual and the group.
- Interact and supervise the children during active playtime on the floor and playground.
- Prepare a warm, safe, and healthy classroom environment.
- Present self as appropriate role model for staff and children.
- Maintain good communication with families.
- Use positive guidance strategies.
- Perform light housekeeping duties such as sweeping the floor after meals, washing toys, running laundry, etc.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Meet the NH Child Care Licensing qualifications of an Associate Teacher through a variety of options including: college courses, supervised child care experience, approved trainings, or Para II Educator certification by NH Department of Education.
- Energetic and ability to work well with other (staff, children, and families) and to foster a team environment.
- Must clear full background check and pass health screening.
- Previous center experience
- Infant/CPR and First Aid Certification
- Completion of NH's Health and Safety Training Program
The Associate Teacher is responsible for working collaboratively with lead and assistant teachers assigned to their classroom to ensure a fun, safe and healthy environment for children to learn and grow. First Start Children’s Center has a variety of full and part time positions available working with children from infants to 10 years old. We are seeking Associate Teachers to actively engage with our children, collaborate with families and foster a team environment.
First Start takes great pride in our staff. Their dedication makes the center an enjoyable place to work and a fun, nurturing environment for our children to learn and grow. We offer staff development opportunities to enhance teaching credentials (and pay scale) and are now offering a substantial sign on bonus. Hourly pay is based on education and experience. We have a generous benefit package for employees working 25 plus hours per week including 90% paid single health and dental insurance, holiday, sick and vacation time, and discounted childcare.