Website Girls Inc. of New Hampshire
Inspiring all girls to be strong, smart and bold.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment. Develop trusting relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment; encourage the involvement of families and support the development of relationships between children and families.
- Plan and implement learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy, phonemic, and print awareness, their understanding and use of language and increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, their understanding of early math and science, their problem-solving abilities and their approaches to learning.
- Welcome and support parents as the primary educator of their child; provide opportunities for families to participate in the curriculum outside of the classroom (i.e. home-school connections); encourage family engagement in the classroom and program through volunteering, curriculum development and planning.
- Provide positive guidance for children, following Burke Street Early Learning Center’s Behavior Management Policy. Complete not less than 18 hours of professional development within their first 12 months of hire, and annually thereafter, in accordance with the NH State Licensing Requirements; participate fully in training opportunities exhibiting professionalism.
- Provide daily classroom activities (both teacher-initiated and child-initiated) geared to meet individual needs and interests of the children.
- Maintain required classroom paperwork (i.e. lesson plans, bleach logs, meal tallies and attendance).
- Coordinate with community members to provide onsite field trips and guest speakers. Plan preschool graduation.
Girls Inc. of New Hampshire is searching for a Lead Preschool Teacher to join our Burke Street Learning Center in Nashua. Preschool is led by one Lead Preschool Teacher and one Associate Preschool Teacher. Classroom is co-ed, mixed age group (2.9 to 5 years old) with a maximum of 20 children.
Our Lead Teacher must be self-motivated, organized, adaptable, creative, caring, and able to communicate positively with children, parents, and other staff. Your role will include creating an enriching curriculum, building a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and fun; and employing effective instructional techniques, as well as provide a safe environment for all the children.
The Lead Teacher has primary responsibility for the overall health and safety of the preschoolers in the program. S/He works as a member of the classroom team in forming trusting relationships with the children and families, developing lesson plans, ongoing assessment, and general classroom management.