Website Ralph Waldo Emerson School for Preschoolers, Inc
Nurturing Joyful Learing Since 1966.
- Teaching schedule September through May:
- Co-teaching our T-Th class for 3 and 4 year olds on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 8:30-11:30. This class is made up of up to 20 children and facilitated by three team teachers.
- Co-teaching our MWF Extended Day-Forest Play for 4 and 5-year-old children each Monday Wednesday and Friday from 11:30-1:00. This class is made up of 12 children and facilitated by a team of two teachers.
- Assistant Registrar/Office Admin Schedule September through May:
- MWF 8:00-11:30
- Thursdays 12:00-2:00
- Assistant Registrar/Office Administrator Summer Hours: About 2 hours or so each week during June, July and early August.
- Work closely with the current registrar and office administrator to learn the duties and details of the position.
- Participate in the daily maintenance of the classrooms.
- Meet when necessary before and after class to discuss and share information and events that affect the children or the program.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to consult on program planning, plan for individual children, and discuss working conditions, as arranged by the teaching team in collaboration with the program director. Co-teacher relationships are cooperative, collegial, and supportive, respecting each person as a lifelong learner.
- Serve as a member of Emerson's Leadership Team.
- Participate in staff training program including scheduled on-site training sessions, continuing education through workshops, lectures, and courses, etc., and visits to other programs.
- Contribute to children's portfolios.
- Communicate with families through face to face conversations, telephone calls, notes, parent- teacher conferences, and other means as necessary.
- Participate as a member of the multidisciplinary team for children with special needs. Attend IEP meetings when needed, and other consultation as requested by the director.
- Assist in setting up the classrooms, preparing the classroom environment, and planning for the upcoming school year, in the late summer, before school begins.
- Visit the homes of new children entering the program as decided by the teaching team.
- Assist in a general inventory and reorganization of classroom materials after school ends in May.
- Attend the annual end of school year staff meeting to assess the weaknesses and strengths of the program.
- Attend the annual Parent Orientation in September, the Children's Open House in September, and Special Person
- Night in the spring and the Informational Open Houses for the Community, and other school events as requested by the Director.
- Keep within the rules set forth by the State of New Hampshire Bureau of Child Care Standards and Licensing for child care workers, He-C 4002.30.
- Respect and comply with the accepted policies, practices, and procedures of the school including those in the Emerson School Parent Handbook, Emerson School Employee Handbook and Emerson School Operations Manual.
Ralph Waldo Emerson School for Preschoolers is a Reggio-inspired, nature based, NAEYC accredited, Pyramid Model implementation site, non-profit school in Concord, NH. We’ve been serving the Greater Concord Area families since 1966! We welcome applicants interested in a long term commitment to our program. In fact, this position has been held by our “Administrative Goddess” for the past 20 years! This will be a supportive transition year to learn all the details of the role directly from this individual who plans to retire at the end of the 2022-2023 school year.
Our organization’s functioning is comparable to the artistic process which is defined by Arts Action Research as, “…a unique combination of vision, creativity, intuition, and collaboration balanced with craft, technique, accountability, discipline, and use of time and resources.” This approach is appealing to those who appreciate a creative and dynamic organization that exercises collective leadership. The ways in which children are fostered at Emerson, so too are the adults working to sustain this model. This allows Emerson to be the magical place it is.
Our teaching teams for both of our primary classes include our administrators as co-lead teachers. Our executive director teaches in our MWF AM class and our Registrar/Office Administrator (Administrative Goddess) has traditionally taught in our TTH class.
This job has many benefits that do not have a monetary value. We provide a positive environment that respects indivduals, creativity, autonomy, positive relationships, a healthy work/life rhythm, scheduled time for prep/planning/clean up/collaboration/staff meetings/reflection. We will be offering Vision and Dental Insurance, enrollment in a Health Savings Account and a Retirement Plan. We offer paid sick and personal time. This position allows for 5-7 sick days and 3-5 personal days (10 overall) as well as one professional development day. We have professional development built into our monthly schedule and also offer $225/yr for additional professional development experiences.