Website Southern NH Services
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment.
- Develop trusting relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment.
- Plan and implement daily learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children
- Assure completion of teaching responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Complete developmental and behavioral screenings on each child and continue with on-going observation and assessment procedures throughout enrollment in the program.
- Plan and provide daily classroom activities (both teacher-initiated and child-initiated) geared to meet individual needs and interests of the children.
- Kneel to address children at eye level.
- Be able to demonstrate motor activities that may include running, hopping, jumping, dancing, and full body motions.
- Be able to run after a child in peril.
- Lift children in emergencies.
- Nurture children who may need consoling in the case of challenging behaviors.
- Get on the ground with children in case of fire and help them crawl to safety.
- Sometimes get kicked or hit accidentally during exuberant play.
- Enthusiasm & Energy!
- Sense of Humor
- Commitment to ongoing learning
- Basic use of technology
Early Head Start provides:
- Low teacher-child ratios ~ multi-aged classroom of 8 children with 2+ teachers
- Four training days per year; additional professional development opportunities including workshops or coursework for credit
- Opportunities for Advancement in the field of early childhood education
- Health, dental & vision insurance plans
- Retirement program with a 10% employer contribution after 1 year
- Paid vacation, sick leave, & holidays
- Agency Employee Assistance Program
- Staff wellness program
Salary: $15.21 – $18.58 per hour based on education and experience
Apply online at: https://www.snhs.org/jobs/
Visit our website at www.snhs.org for more locations and opportunities
SNHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer