License Exempt Providers

NH Child Care Scholarship for License-Exempt (LE) Providers

As a DHHS enrolled child care provider, you can receive payment for serving eligible children and families. DHHS must ensure that DHHS enrolled child care providers receiving NH Child Care Scholarship funds meet certain federal requirements.

License-Exempt Providers must complete Steps 1-3 before submitting the Enrollment Packet. You also need to meet the requirements for Step 4 and for maintaining enrollment in the program after you are enrolled. If you would like to obtain an Enrollment Packet, please contact (603) 271-4242 or 1 (800) 852-3345 ext. 4242.

If you have questions on applying, please call the Enrollment Specialist at (603) 271-4228.

Enrolling in the NH Child Care Scholarship Program

Step 1:

Complete Required Forms

It is critical that you complete all paperwork correctly and answer all questions.

Enrollment packets will be returned if a mandatory form is missing and/or if a form is not fully completed, correctly signed, or notarized.

Step 2:

Create an Account in the NH Professional Registry

You can create an account in the NH Professional Registry. All License-Exempt school age facility employees must create an account as well.

For further assistance, contact Child Care Aware of NH at-1-855-393-1731 or ACROSS NH at 1-603-206-6800 if you are a school age facility.

Step 3:

Complete Health and Safety Trainings

To support LE providers in meeting health and safety requirements, a FREE web-based NH Health & Safety Training program is available at:

These trainings do not include Pediatric First Aid & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). 

Step 4:

Receive a Monitoring Visit from the NH Child Care Licensing Unit

DHHS is required by federal law to ensure License-Exempt providers enrolled in the NH Child Care Scholarship Program are caring for children in a healthy and safe environment. All LE providers are required to receive an annual monitoring visit from the Child Care Licensing Unit.

New Hampshire License-Exempt Monitoring Policy

  • He-C 6916  Health and Safety Rules for Facility Based License-Exempt Providers for Providers receiving Child Care Scholarship
  • He-C 6917  Health and Safety Rules for Family, Friend, or Neighbor License-Exempt Providers for Providers receiving Child Care Scholarship

Additional Resources

The following resources are available to assist you in receiving a monitoring visit from Child Care Licensing Unit.

Contact information for Licensing by Territory