Website Montessori Schoolhouse of Cheshire County, Inc.
Montessori early childhood educational programs
- Assisting with supervision of the students
- Assisting the Lead Teacher with preparation of lessons and activities
- Snack, lunch, and rest-time preparations
- Classroom tidiness, light cleaning, laundry, dishes
- Diapering/bathroom/sunscreen assistance
- Outdoor activities in various weather
- Guiding/Assisting toddlers with outdoor clothing
- Adhering to licensing regulations and school policies
- 9 Early Childhood or Elementary Education college credits (3 in Child Development)
- Current unexpired Para II Educator Certification
- 1,000 hours experience in a licensed childcare center AND knowledge of child development gained through one of the following:
- 2 year high school vocational course in teacher education
- 3 credit college course in child growth & development
- 30 hours of training in child growth and development granted by an accredited college or university or authorized IACET provider
- 30 hours documented life experience with the same age children supervising (such as a family child care provider, service as a foster parent, school teacher or camp counselor, or group leader for children in sports or other activities such as scouts or little league, or closely related experience).
The Preschool Classroom Assistant supports the Lead Montessori Teacher, and works cooperatively with 1-2 other assistants, in a classroom with up to 21 students ages 3 to 6 years old.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:15-4:15 p.m. during the school year. Summer camp position/hours possible if interested.
Must be willing and able to support and embrace Montessori teaching methods; use a warm, patient, and soft nurturing tone with children; have strong verbal communication skills; and ability to work as part of a team and be supportive.