What is Technical Assistance, Coaching and Consultation?
This enhanced professional development service can support your program through mentoring and coaching early childhood professionals in a wide variety of early childhood topics.
Using a strength-based approach, Training and TA Specialists focus on improving program quality by working with child care providers on focused and targeted State Initiatives.
These services can be provided by Training and Technical Assistance Specialists through Child Care Aware of NH.
Technical assistance, coaching and consultation is provided via the phone/email, virtually and/or onsite.
Benefits of TA
Receiving technical assistance has many benefits to educators and child care programs. Benefits include:
- Establishing clear goals with measurable outcomes
- Establishing clear action steps to reach goals
- Supporting guided self-reflection
- Improving program quality
- Increasing teacher and professional competency
- Building relationships between Training & TA Specialist and Teacher/Program
- NAEYC/NACCRRA Glossary
Child Care Aware of NH provides technical assistance on targeted State Initiatives. These Initiatives are outlined below:
- Business Management Practices
- Developmental Screening/Assessment
- Emergency Preparedness
- Environment Rating Scales
- Health and Safety
- Infant and Toddler Care
- NH Early Childhood Professional Development System
- NH Early Learning Standards
- NH Professional Registry
- Pyramid Model
- Shared Services
- Strengthening Families
- Teacher Competency
- Teaching Dual Language Learners
Progressive Training & Technical Assistance Program (PT&TAP)
The Progressive Training and Technical Assistance Program offers child care programs an opportunity to participate in focused and facilitated training and technical assistance. This program provides individualized technical assistance to improve program quality. Programs commit to work with CCAoNH on a long term basis to improve quality and practices around one of six State Initiatives:
Progressive Training and TA Program Topics:
- Business Management Practices: Helps Program Administrators/Directors through assessment and goal setting to support and cultivate quality business management practices.
- Environment Rating Scale(s): Helps introduce Programs to the different Environment Rating Scale (ERS) Tools, navigate the appropriate ERS tool, use the ERS to assess your Program and use that assessment to enhance program quality.
- Infant & Toddler Initiative: Helps a Program’s infant and toddler providers to get their Infant/Toddler Endorsement as well as works to incorporate the NH Early Learning Standards into their Program.
- NH Early Learning Standards: Helps Programs incorporate the NH Early Learning Standards into the daily activities, planning and communication with families.
- Program Emergency Preparedness and Response: Helps Programs further develop their Emergency Operations Plan and Continuity of Operation’s Plan, as well as practice the Emergency Operations drills to help them be more equipped for an emergency.
- Pyramid Model Intro and Overview: Helps Administrators obtain Pyramid Model knowledge in order to build and sustain Pyramid Model practices within their Program.
- Strengthening Families, Strengthening Care: Helps Programs evaluate their current practices around family engagement and make individual program goals to increase their work with the families they serve.
Progressive Training and TA Open Enrollment Application:
The Progressive Training and TA Program now has an open enrollment process. Programs simply need to fill out the application that is below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be contacted by a Training and TA Specialist.
There are two versions of the application for this program. Providers only need to choose one of the two options. There is a printable application that can be printed and completed, then scanned and emailed to email@example.com or a fillable application that you can complete right on your computer using Microsoft Word and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, that depending on the number of Progressive and TA Program Applications and other enhanced professional development opportunities being offered at the time your application is received, your program may be placed on a wait list until a Training and TA Specialist becomes available.
2020-2021 Progressive Training and TA Program Applications:
Early Childhood Cohorts
CCAoNH’s Early Childhood Cohorts use an approach that brings multiple programs together that want to work on the same specific State Initiative. Participants have the opportunity to collaborate with peers, as they obtain resources and support through professional development and technical assistance in a cooperative group setting.
In 2020-2021, CCAoNH is offering the following Cohorts:
- Business Management Practices Cohort: Helps Program Administrators/Directors through assessment and goal setting to support and cultivate quality business management practices.
- NH Early Learning Standards Cohort: Helps programs incorporate the NH Early Learning Standards into the daily activities, planning and communication with families.
- Emergency Preparedness for Programs Cohort: Helps programs enhance their existing Emergency Operations Plan to be comprehensive, sustainable and well-practiced to satisfy Child Care Licensing Rules.
- Environment Rating Scale(s) Virtual TA Cohort: Helps introduce programs to the different Environment Rating Scale (ERS) tools, navigate the appropriate ERS tool, use the ERS to assess your program and use that assessment to enhance program quality.
- Infant and Toddler Cohort: Helps a program’s infant and toddler providers to get their Infant/Toddler Endorsement as well as works to incorporate the NH Early Learning Standards into their program.
- Strengthening Families Cohort: Helps programs to assess their current family engagement practices, identify resources that are available to both the program and families, as well as create goals to sustain change in their practice to ensure the support of our New Hampshire families.
Early Childhood Cohort Applications:
CCAoNH generally has two application periods to apply to be a Early Childhood Cohort program. Typically, the application periods are in the fall and spring of each year.
During the application period, there are two versions of the application for this program. Providers only need to choose one of the two options. There is a printable application that can be printed and completed, then scanned and emailed to email@example.com or a fillable application that you can complete right on your computer using Microsoft Word and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Management Practices
Currently, Child Care Aware of NH, powered by Southern New Hampshire Services, is proud to offer a TA Virtual Cohort on Business Management Practices. The Virtual TA Cohort consists of introducing and completing the Program Administration Scale (PAS) and the NH Business Management and Director Training Collection through ProSolutions. Participants will receive support to cultivate quality business management practices through assessment and SMART goal setting. Applications are due Friday, March 12, 2021. Click here or on the photo to view the flyer.
Communities of Practice
CCAoNH is offering the Communities of Practice: Strengthening Business Practices in Child Care Programs.
Communities of Practice (CoP) are a unique opportunity for participants to build knowledge, share ideas, collaborate and develop a common understanding around a particular topic, while partaking in a training series.
Click here or on the flyer for more details.
There is no application needed to be a part of the Communities of Practice. You can register through the NH Professional Registry. Although it is not required that you attend all sessions in the training series it is strongly recommended.