Website Girls Inc. of New Hampshire
Inspiring all girls to be strong, smart and bold.
- Establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment. Develop trusting relationships with the children and families by creating a positive, nurturing environment; encourage the involvement of families and support the development of relationships between children and families.
- Plan and implement learning experiences that advance the intellectual and physical development of children, including the readiness of children for school by developing their literacy, phonemic, and print awareness, their understanding and use of language and increasingly complex and varied vocabulary, their appreciation of books, their understanding of early math and science, their problem solving abilities and their approaches to learning.
- A minimum of 9 early childhood credits, including at least one 3 credit course in child growth and development, from a regionally accredited college.
- A minimum of 1500 hours of supervised childcare experience in a licensed childcare program or public or private elementary school, with written recommendation from the center director or school administrator, documentation of at least 3 early childhood education credits awarded by a regionally accredited college or university, and the following:
- A written plan for completion of at least 6 additional credits in child development, early childhood or elementary education, or other field of study focused on children from a regionally accredited college or university; and b. Within 12 months of the date the individual begins working as an associate teacher, documentation of qualification as specified in (1) above available for review by the department;
Girls Inc. of New Hampshire is searching for an Associate Preschool Teacher to join our Burke Street Learning Center in Nashua. Preschool is led by one Lead Preschool Teacher and one Associate Preschool Teacher. Classroom is co-ed, mixed age group (2.9 to 5 years old) with a maximum of 20 children.
Our Associate Teacher must be self-motivated, organized, adaptable, creative, caring, and able to communicate positively with children, parents, and other staff. Your role will include helping our Lead Teacher with her enriching curriculum, building a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and fun; and employing effective instructional techniques, as well as provide a safe environment for all the children.
The position is full-time, Monday through Friday.
Benefits include medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term disability, 401K with 3% match, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending account, 13 paid holidays, 2 weeks vacation, 12 sick days, $200 sign-on bonus and $100 after 60 days.