Website Montessori Schoolhouse of Cheshire County, Inc.
Montessori early childhood educational programs
- Preparing and maintaining an inviting and organized classroom for up to 11 students.,
- Presenting group and individual lessons using Montessori teaching methods,
- Organizing and maintaining appropriate work on the shelves for children,
- Observing and recording student growth,
- Establishing clear and professional communications with parents,
- Conducting PT conferences twice a year,
- Participating in occasional evening events and meetings,
- Meeting/Interviewing potential new toddler families and their child prior to admission,
- Providing clear guidance and expectations for your assistant(s),
- Working cooperatively with other teachers and administration in the school.
- Montessori Toddler (0-3) Certification (AMS or AMI)
- 1-2 years minimum experience working with toddlers preferred
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Early Childhood or Education degree preferred but not required
- NH Center Director level qualifications desired (higher pay rate possible with added Center Director Responsibilities)
Seeking a Montessori certified (0-3) Lead Toddler Teacher for our toddler bridge/transition classroom for the 2023-24 school year. Class consists of up to 11 students generally between the age of 2.5 to 3 years old. Our school is in a beautiful historic home with expansive grounds about 2 miles from downtown Keene.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, full-time school-year, 30-40 hours with 7:45-8:00 a.m. start time. Optional vacation and summer camp hours if desired. Position starts August 2023 (flexibility on start date for classroom set-up & onboarding – classes start Aug. 30th).
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities: Enthusiasm for the Montessori philosophy; warmth, patience, and a soft nurturing tone with children; strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to work as part of a team and be supportive.